Monday, April 5, 2010

Zoo Day

Eugene Walter, of Mobile thank you very much, is a sharp and charming writer.  He also lead a most colorful life as any blue blood, old south, hometown hero/homosexual, mardi gras king, self-professed recovering Catholic and some would say, alcoholic, would.  He claimed that all he needed to spice up a party was construction paper and dim lighting.  He also said, in a statement that rings more true to me than most things, that all people are either cats or monkeys when boiled down to their true essence.  My own self-diagnosis lands me squarely in the catagory of a cat.  On Friday we went to the zoo to visit, among the other beasts, the monkeys.  I like to see how the other half lives.  It was a perfect day to be outside.  We took our time and saw the whole park.  I wish I had more photos to post, but I'm still working out for myself whether or not it's okay to ask strangers to take your picture when you (a) live in the city you are out in, (b) have six billion pictures of you and the person you're with, and (c) when you yourself don't have a firm grasp on how to work your camera. I'm leaning towards not ok.




This was taken in the new Teton Trek exhibit. 

Clearly Craig lacks the stamina to be a female explorer.  Exploring this one chicken has him snoozing.

I, on the other hand, take conservation very seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment