Thursday, January 20, 2011

Squirrels and Nuts

I have talked about this before, but I like to call my dog a lot of things other than his Christian name, which would be Max; Maxwell Franklin Beanpotts if you're nasty.  I call him Scooter a lot, or Potts, or Mista Pottair, a la Welcome Back Kotter.  Sometimes, he'll come if I call him DJ Skriddle and lately I've taken to calling him Dr. Lucien Farkas.

For all this and more, I'm sorry Craig.

There is one more name that I call him, and many other animals, and that is squirrel, sometimes pronounced skwee rell. 

Don't worry about it.

Anyway, this has somehow become a self-fulfilling prophecy, as Craig (via Dan) found an amazing portrait-esque drawing of a squirrel in a suit that he's using as his profile picture on facebook.  It's from an etsy page of an artist who makes them and they're so great.  There's another of a lady squirrel and I'm thinking about hanging the man and the woman in black oval frames on the wall, like silhouettes, facing each other.  In related news, I'm thinking about owning seventy-eight cats and driving a 1989 Bonneville with beige sneaks and a pocket book.  Get off my lawn and quit trying to dig up my money!

In keeping with the theme, I had a visitor this afternoon.  Allow me to introduce you to a little friend.


Taking a little bath in the snow.


Here he is, just being cute and what not.




Max thought we should invite him in for some stimulating conversation, and possibly a little light mauling.





Please and Thank You.

Um, please??



No comments:

Post a Comment