Tuesday, January 25, 2022

     Hello from the future. This old relic has been on my mind and I'll be damned if it doesn't still exist in these outer reaches of the internet. I won't share it on Facebook and no one will see it, but here it is like a moldy old year book. I'm still her, but what a laugh and a heartbreak to read my old words. I'm not a recent law school graduate or a new mom. My mother died. I'm not in the same house or the house we bought next. I had another kid. I got divorced and remarried. I have three stepdaughters. I got another job, but Max is still pooting next to me on the couch and I'm still my own favorite audience for dumb jokes.

    I'm 37. I'm middle management and quickly approaching middle age. I'm pretty sure I've got a fair amount of grey hair, but highlights keep my secrets. I have a 401k and a 20th high school reunion right around the corner. I have children that know more about pop culture (and everything else) than I do. 



   

    Speaking of culture. I can't think of anything less cool than a blog in 2022, but I think that might be what's drawing me back in. One of my favorite things about getting older and knocked down a few good times is that I am so much freer from caring about doing it right. I can still worry a hole through the wall, though. My changing face and not being the youngest in the meeting anymore has a grip on me right now, but I know its just this stage. I know I'll come out on the other side like we always do, with new wisdom and fewer fears. 

    All of this to say, I think I'll visit again soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment