Monday, April 18, 2011

That's Bull

     I'd like to share a story.  I have a sneaking suspicion that it's one that you really had to be there for, but I'm gonna try to do it justice.  So, to start, Craig and I are in this prayer group that meets once a month or so.  Everyone in the group is a little bit older than us.  Ok, most of them are our parents' age or older.  We really enjoy it and were pretty honored to be invited to be a part of it.  Stop that, that's not the joke.  Now, among this group of people that are our parents' age and older, there are also two nuns and a lady that I'm pretty sure is the sweetest living person in the universe.  Like I said, we've really enjoyed it, but I will definitely admit that we make an effort to be on our best behavior and not highlight the maturity age difference.

    That's the backstory. 

    We had our meeting a week ago and we were discussing something as a group and a man starting sharing a story.  Now, let me say for the record, I really, really like this guy and what he was saying wasn't something to make fun of.  What he did next, though, leaves him wide open.  You see, this quiet, somewhat serious, man was trying to say that in this situation he was describing, he needed to grab the bull by the horns.  To emphasize his point, he even held his hands up in fists, you know, like grabbing bull horns.  I'm really hammering this home, because the part that follows is so much better when you realize how much of a mistake it was.  Anway, while he's making this bull/horn gesture, he has a completely unintentional mental mashup of phrases and says, "You've got to grab it by the bulls."

???
??
?

     Now, not that big of a deal, right?  Right, except it sounded like a Jersey Shore "grab it by the balls" if there ever was one.  I can %100 guarantee that not only was it not intentional, but it went unnoticed both by the man and the rest of the group.  The husband and I, however, not so much.  We both IMMEDIATELY shifted way too much in our chairs and started looking down to not get caught cracking up.  I went into full blowfish cheek mode trying not to start laughing out loud.

    I don't know, maybe you did have to be there, but there isn't much that's funnier than a straight laced guy saying balls in a Jersey accent in front of a prayer group with nuns in the mix, accident or not.  Happy Monday.  I hope you really grab Holy Week by the bulls!

No comments:

Post a Comment